ads

Chapter 10 Two Sister




Various shops are prepared in this royal capital Celestia.


 Of course, there's the weapon shop. A general store with potions, a tavern, and a bookstore. There is even a public bath.


 I just came to the public bath with the reward I received and took a bath.




 I was thinking about the future, but after taking a bath, I felt refreshed.


 It's like all the accumulated stuff washed away and my head cooled down.




 Come to think of it, I'm still the lowest F rank.


 It's not unreasonable to be suspicious that such a guy suddenly subjugated 32 animals. When I was a beginner, it took me a long time to defeat one.




 I'm not in a hurry, so why not take your time and enjoy yourself?


 When I thought about that, I felt relieved.


 Positive thinking is important.




 That's why, starting tomorrow, I decided to go on an adventure while enjoying this world.




 the next day.


 I left the city to hunt monsters, but I think I'll hunt something else this time.


 The goal this time is "Horn Rabbit". It's a common one-horned rabbit.


 It's stronger than Slime and weaker than Hunter Wolf.


 It might be perfect for me right now.


 So today I'm going to mainly hunt horn rabbits.






 The result, it was quite easy. It's expected, I guess.


 After I hunted about 10 of them and brought them to the adventurer's guild, they appraised them normally.


 After all, it was cheaper than Hunter Wolf.


 It doesn't seem to raise a suspicion at this level.




 That's why, until my rank goes up, I decided to raise my level by hunting horn rabbits and raise money.






 The next day.


 It happened on the way back to the city after finishing hunting horn rabbits like yesterday.


 A girl's voice came from somewhere.




 Out of curiosity, I decided to walk towards the direction of the voice.




"A-Are you alright?"


"I-I'm fine! I-It's not that big of a deal!"




 Oh, There they are.


 A little further away, two girls were confronting a slime.


 One has short hair and stands in front of the slime while holding a club.


 The other had long hair, was watching the scene nervously from close by.




"I'll help you too...!"


"No, it's dangerous, so stay back! I'll handle this by myself!"




 Apparently, they were going to fight that slime.


 But is that really okay?


 How should I put it, she seems very timid, her back looked stiff. She seems in danger even to an amateur's eyes.


 Maybe they don't have experience in fighting.




"Alright, let's go!"


"D-Do your best!"




 The child in front raises the club.


 and……




"Hiyaa!"




 She swung it down towards the slime, but… it was just a scratch.


 That doesn't do much damage.




"A-areh..."




 The slime is considered that as an attack and immediately goes into a counterattack stance.


 Of course, the one it targeted was the girl who attacked it.




"Watch out!"


"Huh--"




 The slime hits with all its might.




"Kaha..."


"!! O, Onee-chan!!"




 The girl who was attacked fell backwards on impact.




 …………hey hey. you're kidding right?


 I don't think she'll lose to a slime of all things?




"Onee-chan! Onee-chan! Are you alright?"




 The slime prepares itself for follow up with another attack.




"Eekk..."




 At this rate, they are...




 ………………




 ……………… Oh no!




 Immediately gripping my sword, and I dashed.




"Hey!"




 Instantly killed the slime as soon as it arrived.




"Hey! Are you okay?"


"Eh, ah, um, tha, thank you for your help."


“That kid looks dangerous, but is she okay?”


"! That's right. Onee-chan! Stay strong!"




 The girl who fell to the ground was exhausted.


 The other girl desperately shakes her body, trying to wake her. .




"Come on, wake up! Onee-chan! Open your eyes!"


“…………”


"No, no... don't die... Onee-chan... please... wake up...!"




 Could it be that he was on the brink of death from a slime attack...?


 Slimes are the weakest monsters...?


 And with a single blow...?




"Nee... come on! Onee-chan!"


"... move away"


"huh……?"


"I'll heal her, so move away."


"! Oh, please! Please help Onee-chan!"




 Approach the fallen child and kneel.




"Heal"




 Heal is a common recovery skill.


 This should probably work.




"I've heal her. She should be fine now."


"Re, really!?"


"... Uh, huh"


"!! Onee-chan!?"




 Thank goodness, it seems she woke up safely.




"Ah, that... it should have been really painful, but now I don't feel anything at all..."


“Onee-chan!!”


"Whoa"




 The crying child embraced her sister vigorously.


 The fallen child doesn't seem to understand the situation well.




"Geez! I thought you were dead...! I was so worried!"


"Ah, hehe. I'm sorry. I made you worry."


"I'm begging you, don't be reckless...!"


"I-I said I'm sorry. By the way, what about the slime?"


"Ah! This person defeated it! He also healed Onee-chan!"


"I see, it was like that."




 Apparently the one with short hair is the older sister and the one with long hair is the younger.




"Um... Thank you for helping me...! I really appreciate it."


"Thank you... so much...! I can't thank you enough!"


“Ah, well, it wasn't that big of a deal."




 But I was surprised.


 To think there are someone who are defeated by a slime.


 ……Wait, now that I look closely, the weapon this girl is using isn't a staff. It's a thick tree branch.


 Where did she even find something like that?


 And did she really try to defeat a slime with that?




"Well. Let me ask you one thing, Why are you using something like that as a weapon? Even against a slime, isn't it tough?


"Because... it's all I have..."


"Huh...? Aren't there better weapons available? There are plenty of better options at weapon shops, right?"


"I don't have the money to buy weapons..."


"huh?"




 You don't even have money to buy weapons...?


 No way...




"We just came out of the orphanage, so we can't afford to buy expensive weapons..."


"I see……"




 I got it now. These girls are from the same orphanage as me?


 They are probably from a different branch.




"Then why don't you find a normal job? Once you've accumulated a certain amount of money, why don't you buy a weapon? As expected, an adventurer without a weapon is at the level of a thorny road."


"... no one hired me."


"Huh……"


"Who would hire us...with our background." (1)


“…………”


"That's why I have no choice but to become an adventurer and hunt monsters..."


"………………Ah"




 Is that so...


 I got it. I finally understand everything.




 I guess that's how it is.


 No one would hire orphaned children like us.


 But if things continue like this, they will have no choice but to starve to death or commit crimes. Either way, it won't end well.


 So in the end, They have no choice but to become an adventurer to survive.


 Our future was pretty much determined the moment we left the orphanage. (2)




 However, They'll have to face monsters without having money to buy weapons.


 If you want to do it, it might be doable if we try, but most of the children will be defeated.




 I remembered.


 Come to think of it, when I first registered with the adventurer's guild, the receptionist Reimi looked at me with pitying eyes. (3) 


 This must be why.


 The child who left the orphanage registered with the adventurer's guild, but after that day, they never showed up again... she must have experienced that kind of thing many times. That's probably why she looked at me that way?




 Slimes are the weakest class of monsters in this world. To be honest, it's more difficult to lose to them.


 But monsters are monsters. If you get hit, it hurts and you can even die.


 For the inhabitants of this world, no matter how weak they are, they remain a threat. Orphans with no combat experience will feel even more threatened.


 A normal orphan would be at a level where even one slime would struggle.




 This is the common sense of this world.




 The world of survival of the fittest.




 The law of nature.



 …………




 …………




 …………




 …………The world is tough. What a harsh world...


 I didn't realize it was such a harsh world?


 In the midst of all this, if you were to say that an orphan who just popped out hunted 32 hunter wolves... of course, I'd be suspicious.


 I am convinced now, even though it's quite late.




 But what should I do? Seriously, what should I do with these kids?


 What should I do...?




 It's easy to just throw it away like this...but...


 Hmmm...




"... Yo-you're strong."


“Huh? Well, yeah. At this level, it's not a big deal."


“…………”




 As expected, I won't lose to the monsters in this area.




“…………”


"...?"




 My sister began to be silent and made an expression as if she was thinking about something.




"What happened?"


"Hey. I have a request"


"what?"


"I want you to make me strong."


"Strong? What do you mean?..."


“At the very least, I want you to train me so that I can do well as an adventurer… Please!”




 After saying that, she bowed her head.


 This is unexpected.


 I never thought someone would come up with such a proposal...




“Are you confident that you can continue as an adventurer?”


"Because... this is the only way. There's no other way."


“…………”


"I don't care what happens to me, but at least this child... I want to earn and support my little sister until she grows up splendidly!"


"Onee-chan……"




 I see.


 So it was for the sake of the younger sister sake that she became so desperate?


 Come to think of it, it was the older sister who fought the slime.




"Please! At least I want to be strong enough to stand alone! I'll do anything! So ...... please ......!"


“…………”




 To support her younger sister, she's willing to work hard herself. It's not something that's easily done. What a good kid.


 It's clear these sisters have a strong bond.


 I can't let such a good girl be lost here.


 Then let's do it.




 Why don't I train these kid?




"I understand. If it's okay with me, I'll train you."


"!! re-really!? Ah, thank you!"




 She was so happy that her face changed.


 I may have seen her smile for the first time.




"Instead, I'll be tough on you though. Be prepared, okay?"


“Yes! I understand! Bring it on!"


"Ah, umm... Can I ask something?"




 The little sister timidly spoke to me.




"W-Would be okay if you can train me as well...?"


"!Wh-What are you saying!? It's dangerous! Finne, you don't have to do anything! I'll do my best!"


"--No."


"Huh? What?"


"I don't want to see onee-chan suffer like that anymore...!"


"...!"


"You almost died!? I don't want onee-chan to end up in such a dangerous situation! I can't stand still when I see that! Let me help you with something! You can' do everything by yourself! You're carrying too much on your back...!"


"Finne..."




 From her younger sister's point of view, her onee-chan is the only family.


 She witnessed a scene where she might lose her onee-chan in front of her. It must be traumatic.




"I'm worried too, you know? So let me help you with something...!"


“…………That’s right. I was trying to solve everything on my own. Finne, you want to do something too, right?"


"! yess!"


"Yes. Then let's do our best together?"


"Ye-yes!"




 They are really good sisters.




"Um, so, that's the story..."


"It's fine. I'll take care of that child as well. It won't be much trouble if there's one more child."


"! Tha-thank you!"


"thank you so much!"




 The two stood up and stood in front of each other.




"Come to think of it, you didn't tell me your name. I'm Lapis!"


"My name is Finne"


"I'm Zest. Nice to meet you."




 And so, this is how the older sister Lapis and the younger sister Finne became companions.



TN: The Author give illustration of Lapis And Finne

Finne

Lapis

KAWAIIIIIIIIIII



TN : (1) Meeee

        (2) I hope u remember to pick Reese up

        (3) someone comment at prev chap why pity eyes this is the answer



If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next


Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter, the grammar could be a bit better though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads